Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tired

I am sitting here, in my somewhat less messy apartment, feeling much better about my dining room.

Since we moved here, there was one wall of our dining room that was completely covered, nearly head high, with bins and boxes. They have slowly been chipped away at, over time. But there were many stubborn boxes that just refused to be dealt with. They were all the boys, filled with things I can't quite believe he spent money on moving across the country, vhs tapes, audio tapes, empty dvd cases, old text books (Yes, I myself have kept text books, but I was an English major, so I kept my poetry books, etc) that he's never going to use again. But that's fine, I guess. Except that he wouldn't move them. Yeah, he's been busy, I get that. But there are weekends. And there are plenty of days that he's not doing anything at his stay at home job.

DOESN'T MATTER. I took care of it. As per usual. The boxes are gone. Now the only box in the dining room is the one that is going to good will asap. I feel like I have a bit of order back in my life. Sure, the bedroom closets are now stuffed beyond capacity with random boxes and bins, but that's what closet doors are for! No one needs to know. My next job will be to try to curb Rob's disgusting side of the bed. He just drops everything by the bed and leaves it there. It drives me crazy. I'm the type of person that doesn't mind a little bit of clutter in the bedroom, but this is getting out of hand. I will try once again to have a talk with him. Maybe I'll try not to cry this time. Though last time it seemed to work a little bit.

I am very tired from moving all of those boxes. And I'm tired anyway, not sleeping well because of my weird back problems. Fine during the day, but as soon as I lay down for a bit, it hurts like hell. I've been waking up around 4 in the morning in intense pain. I get up, take some drugs, heat up my heating pad, go back to sleep until about 6 or 6:30, in more pain. Heating up my heating pad didn't work this time. I got up before 7 and ate some cereal, farted around on the computer, and went back to bed just after 8. My back still hurt a bit, but not as much, and I was able to get a couple more hours of sleep. Yes, this means I "slept in", but really, if you add up all the hours I was actually sleeping, it was just a regular night's sleep. So I don't feel bad about it at all. Yeah, I know, I'll eventually go to the doctors. It would be nice if I had some insurance though.

I would like to sit here and enjoy my tidy dining room, but I have a feeling I'll be doing a few more things before I settle in for the night. The fun never ends.

1 comment:

The Small Town Girl said...

I actually have been taking Aleve like candy, not helping at all :(

You KNOW how I feel about doctors!!!