Sunday, May 10, 2009

Clenched Teeth

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Honestly.

My back has been killing me like crazy, interrupting my sleep, etc. We also had an overflowing hamper of dirty clothes. We're going home on the weekend, so I will do most of the laundry for free, but the boy's uniform had to be washed, so I put in our towels, socks, underwear, stuff like that. I sorted everything, put it in the hamper and gave it to him to take. Naturally it didn't happen right away. He finally went up and put it in the laundry.

I was really, really sore and tired this afternoon, so after a bit, I went to have a nap. I reminded him THREE times that the laundry would be ready to go into the dryer very soon. THREE times.

After laying in bed and having Benson try to fit my entire hand and arm into his mouth a few times, I did manage to sleep for a bit. I stayed in bed a bit longer, as my back was sore, and I was really hot and enjoying the fan on my face. I got out of bed, and saw the hamper in the exact same place. I sighed every so deeply.

He was sitting in the recliner, with his computer glued to his lap as usual and I said in as nice a voice as I could manage "You didn't go get the laundry?" and his reply, which was not at all a surprise, "Oh shit, I forgot it!" Really??? Fucking shocking! So he got up and ran up stairs to put it in. Yeah, no driers free. It's Sunday. He was lucky to get a washer free. It's things like this that makes me hate him just a little bit. Why can't he remember? He sighs and gets mad when I remind him things over and over again, because I'm nagging him or whatever. But OBVIOUSLY he's a child and needs to be nagged. Jesus. I could kill him. So now my laundry is just sitting up there, waiting to go into a free dryer. And my jaw hurts because I'm clenching my teeth so hard and not saying anything. And he knows I'm mad since he did the dishes, which he NEVER does.

Argh!!!


As a side note, I'm sorry that this blog has turned into a total bitch fest, but there's like only one reader, and she knows I'm a bitch, so it's all good.

No comments: